THE ONLY CROSSBLADE IN THE VILLAGE
------------------------------------------ Rufus the blade - Arrived in Meltham on the 12th October 2006 ------------------------------------------
The Crossblade ; first shown as a concept car in 2001 and then launched as a limited-production model at the Geneva show in 2002. Only 2,000 CrossBlades were produced and were numbered consecutively in order to 'emphasize their exclusiveness.'
Based on the existing structure of the Smart ForTwo Cabriolet, the Smart CrossBlade was designed to give a feeling of unbounded freedom to the driver and passenger alike and was described as a "motorcycle on four wheels," eschewing traditional styling (like, say, a roof or a windshield) for a true "wind-in-your-hair" driving experience.
The Smart CrossBlade will turn heads at every corner. Five inches longer and three inches wider than the Smart Cabrio, the Crossblade is still small enough to park in the smallest of spaces.
The Crossblade is a unique car. It has no roof, no windscreen and no doors.
These cars are sure to be a collector's item.
The radical Crossblade was first shown as a concept in 2001 and then made its launch as a limited-production model at the Geneva show in 2002. This is one vehicle that can only be described as truly topless.
The avant-garde CrossBlade has neither a roof, nor doors, nor a windscreen. Crossblade drivers sit under the open sky, and a narrow, transparent wind deflector is all that stands in front of the cockpit area. The TRIDION safety cell, which is reinforced with numerous high-strength panels, has sturdy steel safety bars at the sides instead of doors.
Smart introduced this limited edition variation of the City Cabriolet, called the Crossblade.
It was a roadster version without a roof or conventional doors, weighing around 1600 lbs, and powered by a Brabus-tuned engine, developing 71 hp from its 600 cc engine.
After Robbie Williams purchased Crossblade number 007, Smart began a marketing association with the British singer, using Williams to promote the brand.
The Crossblade is fitted with the following equipment:
ACTIVE SAFETY & CHASSIS
- ABS Anti-Lock Braking System - Electronic traction and stability control - Passive safety - TRIDION safety cell - SRS full-size dual airbag - Seatbelt tensioner with belt-force limiter - Integral safety seats with belt guidance - Roll bar
- Body panels in Jet black (exclusively used for the Crossblade) - Metal radiator grille - Front/rear wheelarches - Matte titanium-color TRIDION safety cover - Fog lights (rear) - High-mounted stop lights - Twin-section tailgate - 3-spoke aluminum wheels (available only in the Crossblade) - Emblem with serial number
- Colour: Fire red + black (water-repellent plastic) - Foldable passenger seat - Leather steering wheel and shift knob - Special cup holders (available only in the Crossblade) - Special decorative trim (available only in the Crossblade) - Single-piece plastic floor panel - Waterproof instrument cluster
- Front wind deflectors - Side safety bars with cushioned pads (with gas-operated dampers) - Waterproof luggage compartment - Nylon tonneau cover - Antenna integrated in Luggage cover - Lockable drawer under driver's seat - Seat belt warning - Remote controlled central lock - Immobiliser - Tyre repair kit
- AM/FM radio cassette player - Sound package - 6-disc CD-changer - Number of loudspeakers 4
Contact: Mary and Jonathan Harrison
crossblade.co.uk | Meltham, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Internet solutions provided by Namesco Limited - Wednesday 27 October, 2021